Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees.
- 200g butter, diced
- 100g dark chocolate chopped
- 3 FUTURELIFE® High Protein LITE Chocolate Smart Bars or 2 FUTURELIFE® High Protein Chocolate Smart Bars, chopped into small pieces
- 125g castor sugar
- 125g brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 80ml FUTURELIFE® High Protein Smart Food™
- 80ml Plain flour, sifted
- 5 tbsp. cocoa powder, sifted
- Grease a 20cm shallow square baking tray.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a large heat proof bowl. Place over a sauce pan with gently simmering hot water, stirring occasionally until combined. Cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together eggs and sugar until double in volume and pale. Approximately 5-8 minutes.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture on the egg and sugar mixture.
- Add vanilla essence, and the chopped FUTURELIFE® Smart Bars, and fold in together. Sift the flour, cocoa and FUTURELIFE® High Protein Smart Food™ on top of this mixture and fold in gently.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. Until just set on top, a knife comes out a little dirty when inserted in the centre of the brownie.
- Let brownie cool for 1 hour before cutting.
TIP: When you have poured the mixture into the tin use the back of a spoon to submerge the FUTURELIFE® Smart Bar pieces under the dough to prevent the bars from burning.