FUTURELIFE® Smart food™ is the first and only scientifically formulated, low GI food that is high in Energy, Protein and Dietary Fibre. It can be enjoyed as a meal, snack, shake or smoothie at breakfast, lunch or dinner. Mixing instantly with just water or milk, it requires no cooking, making it great for the whole family.
– Low GI
– High in Protein
– High in Omega 3
FUTURELIFE® Smart food™ – Original Flavour
TYPICAL NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Serving size: 50g
|NUTRIENT||Unit||per 100 g serving||Per 50g Serving||%NRV per 50 g **|
|Of Which Total Sugar||g||15.8||7.9||*|
|± Sugar content per serving: 1½ teaspoons|
|of which Saturated Fatty Acids||g||2.9||1.5||*|
|Trans Fatty Acids||g||0.0||0.0||*|
|Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids||g||4.5||2.3||*|
|of which Omega-3 Fatty Acids||mg||500||250||*|
|of which Alpha-linolenic Acid (ALA)||mg||500||250||*|
|of which Omega-6 Fatty Acids||mg||4000||2000||*|
|Monounsaturated Fatty Acids||g||3.5||1.8||*|
|Vitamin A (Retinol)||μg||900||450||50|
|Vitamin B Complex|
|B3 (Nicotinic Acid)||mg||16.0||8.0||50|
|B5 (Pantothenic Acid)||mg||5.0||2.5||50|
|B9 (Folic Acid)||μg||400||200||50|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)||mg||100.0||50.0||50|
|Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)||μg||15||8||50|
|Vitamin E (Tocopherol)||mg||15.0||7.5||50|
|Vitamin H (Biotin)||μg||30||15||50|
|***Essential amino acids which cannot be made by the body|
|Nutritional information as packed
#Dietary Fibre method of analysis – AOAC – 991.43.
*Nutrient Reference Value (NRV) not determined.
**%NRV Nutrient Reference Value for individuals 4 years & older.
- Providing a total of 45 nutrients, it is high in 13 Vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, C, D, E, H and K), contains 8 minerals (chromium, copper, iodine, iron, manganese, molybdenum, selenium and zinc), and is formulated with 19 Amino Acids.
It is high in protein, dietary fibre, energy and omega-3 fatty acids.
- It is non-GMO. For more information on our policy and audit procedures, please click here: www.futurelife.co.za/the-science/non-gmo
- It is formulated with MODUCARE®, a daily immune supplement, made from a patented blend of natural plant sterols and sterolins, in a clinically proven ratio of 100:1. MODUCARE® is supplied exclusively to FUTURELIFE® under license from Aspen Pharmacare.
- It has a low Glycaemic Index (GI), releasing sustained energy over a longer period of time, keeping you fuller for longer and assisting in blood glucose management.
- It contains the key ingredient, SmartMaize™. Unlike regular maize, it is the result of a patented cooking process that gives it a distinct profile and a unique “fingerprint”.
- Made from whole grains to ensure that it is high in dietary fibre. This results in a unique “grainy” texture that serves as a guarantee that it is high in dietary fibre.
- Contains Inulin, a soluble fibre with prebiotic properties, providing food for the good bacteria in your gut to ensure optimal digestion and immune support.
Who Can Use It
It’s ideal for every member of the family, including active individuals, professional athletes, lacto-vegetarians, individuals that are lactose intolerant, and even kids.
Halaal; Kosher: Milchik
Good To Know
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that adults with a normal BMI* consume no than 10% of their daily energy needs in sugar. This equates to 50g** (12 teaspoons) per day. FUTURELIFE® Smart food™ contains only 1 ½ teaspoons of sugar per serving and due to its unique formulation ensures a gradual release of sugar into the body for sustained energy, thus maintaining its low GI status as a food. Now that’s smart!
As a meal:
For every 50g serving of FUTURELIFE® Smart food™, add approximately 125ml (½ cup) of water or milk. Adjust this ratio to get your preferred consistency.
As a shake:
Mix a 50g serving of FUTURELIFE® Smart food™ with 150-200ml of water, milk or yoghurt. Shake well and enjoy at home or on the go!
Soy and Cow’s Milk – Sodium Caseinate (Milk Protein).
Naturally Free From
Wheat, Gluten, Tree Nuts, Lactose, Trans Fatty Acids and Cholesterol.
Tartrazine and other Colourants.
50g, 500g, 1.25kg