FUTURELIFE® Smart food™ is SMART because it is a scientifically formulated, Low GI food that combines 22 Vitamins and Minerals, 19 Amino Acids, Omega-3, Inulin (prebiotic), Selenium and MODUCARE®. It is also High in Energy, Protein and Dietary Fibre and can be enjoyed as a meal, shake or smoothie at breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a snack. It can be mixed instantly with just water or milk and requires no cooking.
– Low GI
– High in Protein
– High in Omega 3
– High in Energy
– High in dietary fibre
– Gluten free
– High in 19 vitamins and minerals
– Immun4 (selenium, zinc, Vitamin C, Vitamin D)
FUTURELIFE® Smart food™ – Original Flavour
TYPICAL NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Serving size: 50g
|NUTRIENT||Unit||per 100 g serving||Per 50g Serving||%NRV per 50 g **|
|Of Which Total Sugar||g||15.8||7.9||*|
|± Sugar content per serving: 1½ teaspoons|
|of which Saturated Fatty Acids||g||2.9||1.5||*|
|Trans Fatty Acids||g||0.0||0.0||*|
|Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids||g||4.5||2.3||*|
|of which Omega-3 Fatty Acids||mg||500||250||*|
|of which Alpha-linolenic Acid (ALA)||mg||500||250||*|
|of which Omega-6 Fatty Acids||mg||4000||2000||*|
|Monounsaturated Fatty Acids||g||3.5||1.8||*|
|Vitamin A (Retinol)||μg||900||450||50|
|Vitamin B Complex|
|B3 (Nicotinic Acid)||mg||16.0||8.0||50|
|B5 (Pantothenic Acid)||mg||5.0||2.5||50|
|B9 (Folic Acid)||μg||400||200||50|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)||mg||100.0||50.0||50|
|Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)||μg||15||8||50|
|Vitamin E (Tocopherol)||mg||15.0||7.5||50|
|Vitamin H (Biotin)||μg||30||15||50|
|***Essential amino acids which cannot be made by the body|
|Nutritional information as packed
#Dietary Fibre method of analysis – AOAC – 991.43.
*Nutrient Reference Value (NRV) not determined.
**%NRV Nutrient Reference Value for individuals 4 years & older.
- Providing a total of 45 nutrients, it is high in 13 Vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, C, D, E, H and K) and 6 minerals (calcium, chromium, iodine, iron, selenium, and zinc), and is formulated with 19 Amino Acids.
- It is high in protein, dietary fibre, energy and omega-3 fatty acids.
- It is formulated with MODUCARE®, a daily immune supplement, made from a patented blend of natural plant sterols and sterolins, in a clinically proven ratio of 100:1. MODUCARE® is supplied exclusively to FUTURELIFE® under license from Aspen Pharmacare.
- It has a low Glycemic Index (GI), providing a sustained energy release over a longer period of time therefore keeping you fuller for longer and improving blood glucose control.
- It contains the key ingredient, SmartMaize™. Unlike regular maize, SmartMaize™ is produced using a patented cooking process that gives it a distinct profile and a unique “fingerprint”.
- Made from whole grains to ensure that it is high in dietary fibre. This results in a unique “grainy” texture that serves as a guarantee that it is high in dietary fibre.
- Contains Inulin, a soluble fibre with prebiotic properties, which promotes the growth and activity of the good bacteria in your gut to ensure optimal digestion and immune support.
- It contains 9 nutrients that contribute to the normal function of the immune system (Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Iron, Selenium, Zinc, Vitamin D, and Vitamin C).
- It contains 4 nutrients which assist in maintaining normal bones (Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Zinc).
- It contains 8 nutrients which assist in reducing tiredness and fatigue (Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Iron).
Who Can Use It
It’s ideal for every member of the family, including active individuals, professional athletes, lacto-vegetarians, individuals that are lactose intolerant, and children above 4years.
Halaal (SANHA); Kosher: Milchik
Good To Know
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that adults with a normal BMI* consume no more than 10% of their daily energy needs as sugar. This equates to 50g** (12 teaspoons) per day. FUTURELIFE® Smart food™ contains only 1 ½ teaspoons of sugar per serving and due to its unique formulation ensures a gradual release of this sugar into the blood stream providing sustained energy, thus maintaining its low GI status as a food.
As a meal:
For every 50g serving of FUTURELIFE® Smart food™, add approximately 125ml (½ cup) of water or milk. Adjust this ratio to get your preferred consistency.
As a shake:
Mix a 50g serving of FUTURELIFE® Smart food™ with 150-200ml of water, milk or yoghurt. Shake well and enjoy at home or on the go!
|Age Group||Serving Size||No. of tablespoons|
|Children 4-6||30 g||75 ml|
|Children 7-9||40 g||100 ml|
|10 upwards||50 g||125 ml|
Soy and Cow’s Milk – Sodium Caseinate (Milk Protein).
Naturally Free From
Wheat, Gluten, Tree Nuts, Lactose, Trans Fatty Acids and Cholesterol.
Tartrazine and other added Colourants.
50g, 300g, 500g, 1.25kg