What does NAPPI stand for?
National Pharmaceutical Product Index (NAPPI CODE)
What does this code mean?
The NAPPI code is a unique coding system (identifier) for medicines, surgical or consumable products and medical procedures which allows you the consumer to claim a rebate / refund from your medical aid.
MediKredit has, over the years, undertaken the task to facilitate the adoption of NAPPI (National Pharmaceutical Product Interface) as a national electronic standard on behalf of the South African healthcare industry.
The NAPPI code therefore:
- Is a recognised medical aid product code.
- Enables you to apply for reimbursement from a medical aid scheme, but is not a guarantee of reimbursement.
Why does FUTURELIFE® qualify for a NAPPI Code?
FUTURELIFE® Smart food™ is high in Energy, high in Protein, has 100% RDA of vitamins and minerals and contains MODUCARE®.
Does FUTURELIFE® have a NAPPI Code?
Yes, FUTURELIFE Smart food™ products, have a NAPPI code. It is found on the bottom of our packs. Our NAPPI code is 712719-001.
What does this mean for you the consumer?
It means that your medical aid might reimburse your FUTURELIFE® purchase. The reimbursement will come out of your medical savings plan.
Please make contact with them and submit the FUTURELIFE® NAPPI code.
We would like to emphasise that the reimbursement of your purchase is dependent on your medical aid provider’s terms.
How do you claim?
- Purchase FUTURELIFE® Smart food™ from any pharmacy or retailer outlet as per normal.
- Keep the receipt.
- Write the NAPPI code on the receipt.
- Submit the receipt to your medical aid within 3 months of purchase.