Makes 12 muffins – Make a batch and freeze.
- 200ml (4/5 cup) FUTURELIFE® Smart Food™
- 250ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 2.5ml (1 tsp) salt
- 20ml (4 tsp) baking powder
- 15ml (1 tbsp.) sugar
- 1 egg
- 60ml (4 tbsp.) butter/margarine/coconut oil
- 250ml (1 cup) low fat milk
- ½ Cup grated carrot
- ½ cup grated apple
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and grease a muffin tin.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk egg. Add the butter/margarine/coconut oil, vanilla essence and milk to the beaten egg and
- whisk until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredient and fold together until just combined, fold in carrot and apple.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into greased muffin tin. Spoon a teaspoon of peanut butter into each
- centre of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes
- Freeze in an airtight bag or enjoy fresh.
*To defrost leave to thaw at room temperature.