Whether it be school holidays, a weekend away or just a simple family get together, we all know that us South Africans love to host! So why not keep it on the healthier side with our delicious and nutritious oat crumpets using FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats®. The kids can also get involved and make fun shapes under your supervision (we tried out an easy paw print for the animal lovers). This breakfast option will definitely have the your guests smiling!
(Makes 8 crumpets)
- 6 tablespoons FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats®
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 large banana
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the peeled banana, eggs, FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats®, baking powder, cocoa and salt in a blender.
- Blend until the mixture is as smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook spoonfuls of the batter until golden brown on both sides (here’s your chance to get creative with shapes).
- Serve with a fresh fruit of your choice.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING (2 CRUMPETS)
Soy, lactose and wheat free
Energy : 528kJ
Protein : 6g
Carbohydrates : 19g
Fat : 4g
Fibre : 1g