FUTURELIFE® HIGH PROTEIN Smart food™ is the first and only scientifically formulated, Low GI food to combine 23 Vitamins and Minerals, 19 Amino Acids, SmartProtein3D , Omega-3, Inulin (prebiotic), Selenium and SUPRO® Soy Protein Isolate.
– 30g Protein
– 19 Amino Acids
– Whey Protein
– Low GI
FUTURELIFE® HIGH PROTEIN Smart food™ (Original Flavour)
TYPICAL NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Serving Size: 75g
|NUTRIENT||Unit||per 100 g serving||Per 75g Serving||%NRV per 75g **|
|of Which Total Sugar||g||14.5||10.8||*|
|of which Sucrose||g||12.0||9.0||*|
|of which Lactose||g||2.5||1.8||*|
|of which Saturated Fatty Acids||g||1.0||0.7||*|
|Trans Fatty Acids||g||0.0||0.0||*|
|Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids||g||3.0||2.2||*|
|of which Omega-3 Fatty Acids||mg||370||278||*|
|of which ALA||mg||370||278||*|
|of which Omega-6 Fatty Acids||mg||2620||1965||*|
|Monounsaturated Fatty Acids||g||1.2||0.9||*|
|Vitamin A (Retinol)||μg||900||675||75|
|Vitamin B Complex|
|B3 (Nicotinic Acid)||mg||16.0||12.0||75|
|B5 (Pantothenic Acid)||mg||5.0||3.8||75|
|B9 (Folic Acid)||μg||400||300||75|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)||mg||100.0||75.0||75|
|Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)||μg||15||11||75|
|Vitamin E (Tocopherol)||mg||15.0||11.3||75|
|Vitamin H (Biotin)||μg||30||23||75|
|***Essential amino acids which cannot be made by the body|
|Nutritional information as packed
#Dietary Fibre method of analysis – AOAC – 991.43.
*Nutrient Reference Value (NRV) not determined.
**%NRV Nutrient Reference Value for individuals 4 years & older.
- Providing a total of 45 nutrients, it is high in 13 Vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, C, D, E, H and K), contains 8 minerals (chromium, copper, iodine, iron, manganese, molybdenum, selenium and zinc) and is formulated with 19 Amino Acids.
- It is High in Protein, formulated with SmartProtein3D, a scientific blend of 3 protein sources (Whey, Casein, Soy) for a more balanced amino acid profile than a single protein source*.
- It is high in Dietary Fibre, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Carbohydrates and Energy.
- It is non-GMO. For more information on our policy and audit procedures, please click here: www.futurelife.co.za/the-science/non-gmo/
- FUTURELIFE® HIGH PROTEIN Smart food™ has been formulated with SUPRO®, a Soy Protein Isolate. Sourced from soybeans, the protein is ‘isolated’ from the rest of the soybean components, making it 90% protein. Containing all the essential amino acids, it is equal in quality to animal protein, contains no cholesterol, and is almost fat free. SUPRO® is beneficially added into our unique SmartProtein3D blend, and is a registered trademark of DuPont or its affiliates.
- It has a low Glycaemic Index (GI), releasing sustained energy over a longer period of time, keeping you fuller for longer and assisting in blood glucose management.
- It has been endorsed by Informed-Choice, a quality assurance program which provides confidence to sports people that the products they support have been clinically tested to be free of banned substances. For more information go to www.informed-choice.org
Who Can Use It
It’s perfect for active individuals, professional athletes, lacto-vegetarians and even the weight conscious (as part of an energy controlled, balanced meal plan).
PRIME Institute; University of Pretoria HPC; Informed-Choice; Halaal; Kosher: Milchik.
Good To Know
Latest international scientific research* has shown that a blend of proteins provides a more balanced amino acid profile than a single protein source. This is because of the different digestion rates of various proteins that are absorbed into the body over a longer period of time, thereby optimising the muscle repair process. This is why FUTURELIFE® HIGH PROTEIN Smart food™ has been formulated with SmartProtein3D, a scientific blend of 3 protein sources (Whey, Caseinate, Soy).
*Source: Gregory L. Paul, Journal of the American College of Nutrition, Vol, 28, No. 4, 464S-472S (2009)
As a meal:
For every 50g serving of FUTURELIFE® HIGH PROTEIN Smart food™, add approximately 125ml (½ cup) of water or milk. Adjust the ratio to get your preferred consistency.
As a shake:
Mix 50g of FUTURELIFE ® HIGH PROTEIN Smart food™ with 150-200ml water, milk or yoghurt. Shake well! You can enjoy at home or on the go!
Soy and Cow’s Milk.
Naturally Free From
Wheat, Gluten, Trans Fatty Acids, Cholesterol and Tree Nuts.
Tartrazine and Other Colourants.
How Does SmartProtein3D work?
The body needs Protein to build and repair muscle and to prevent it from breaking down. However, no single Protein can provide the complete solution. Latest international scientific research* shows that providing a blend of protein sources provide a more balanced amino acid profile than a single protein source (see chart below) This is due to the different digestion rates of various proteins and means protein is absorbed into the body over a longer period of time thereby optimizing the muscle repairing process. For this reason, FUTURELIFE® has developed SmartProtein3D.
FUTURELIFE® HIGH PROTEIN Smart food™ is endorsed by Informed-Choice!
Informed-Choice is a quality assurance program for the sports nutrition industry. Its aim is to provide sports people with the confidence and peace of mind of knowing that products endorsed by Informed-Choice have been clinically tested to be free of banned substances. To gain this endorsement FUTURELIFE® HIGH PROTEIN Smart food™ is tested on a monthly basis by the International HFL Sports Science laboratory.
FUTURELIFE® HIGH PROTEIN Smart food™ has been developed in conjunction with the HPC (the University of Pretoria High Performance Centre) and is the nutritional food of choice for many elite athletes who train there.